Whether you’re a thrill seeker or the thought of an auction has you trembling, you need to hear why auctions are the preferred option for many property owners in New Zealand.
Here are some of the benefits of listing your property to be sold by auction:
- You set the terms and conditions of sale.
- The property only needs to be opened for buyer viewing at times that suit you best, so the auction process is regarded as the least disruptive method of selling.
- You and your salesperson will decide how long your property is on the market before the auction date. This often leads to your property being on the market for a shorter time.
- An intensive, high-profile auction marketing programme puts a spotlight on your property.
- Marketing with no price attracts interested, cash-in-hand buyers. These buyers are focused on the maximum price they’ll pay, not how low their offer should be. This is the reason properties sold through auction are to a higher sales rate.
- Auctions create a sense of urgency, bringing buyers to a point of decision. Combined with the excitement of the big day and buyers’ natural competition, this helps establish the highest possible price on the day.