COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
From 11:59pm on Wednesday, 4th April, the whole of New Zealand moved to Orange
For general information on COVID-19 please refer to the Ministry of Health website.
What plans does Harcourts Cooper & Co have in place to manage the risk and impacts around COVID-19?
We have a comprehensive response plan in place in relation to COVID-19 to help protect our people, clients, family, friends and communities.
What are my options if I am thinking of buying or selling during the traffic light setting orange?
Click here for information on buying and selling property during COVID-19 traffic light settings Orange.
Our thoughts are with our clients and communities throughout New Zealand as we continue to work our way through the challenges created by COVID-19. We can be proud of the way New Zealanders have worked together, and continue to work towards eliminating this virus.
Alert levels have been changing, sometimes differing between regions, but you’ll find the latest requirements for the real estate industry here.
The health and well-being of our clients, staff and communities remain, as always, our highest priority.
We will continue to update you if there are any changes to alert levels or guidelines.
As always, we are committed to you.
Key points for real estate business in traffic light setting Orange.
- Auctions –In-person auctions at residential and non-residential venues are events and may occur with up no limit on the number of people who can attend. Face coverings are strongly encouraged for workers and attendees.
- Open Homes – There are no limits on the number of people who can attend a residential or non-residential open home. A health and safety risk assessment should be undertaken to determine the appropriate infection prevention controls to put in place, such as distancing, masks. Face coverings are encouraged indoors.
- Pre-settlement inspections – Can take place.
- Moving house – Settlements and moving house can occur.
- Appraisals – In-home/onsite services can occur.
Important: Please do not enter the property if you are unwell with cold or flu-like symptoms, self-isolating or in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the previous 14 days. If you feel unwell within 14 days of attending the viewing, please contact your Harcourts sales consultant immediately